Computer pulse diagnosis is a functional diagnosis method using pulse of a person.
Method is based on analysis of the radial artery sphygmogram.
Our system can visualize various components of the pulse wave, it is able to identify the TCM syndromes of the body and to determine the person's health state.
Product has advanced features, it does not have defects that exist in analogue and can be a good helper in your work.
It is known that pulse diagnosis is the main method for assessing patient's condition in traditional oriental medicine.
Centuries of practical experience in the application of pulse diagnosis allows you to assign it to the most sensitive and
accurate methods of biomedical information obtaining on the status of the human body.
Pulse diagnosis - a subtle method for estimating the parameters of pulse, reflecting the activity of the cardiovascular
system in conjunction to other functional body systems.Analysis and study of pulse wave characteristics
are the basis of pulse diagnosis in traditional oriental medicine.
On the practical side, the technique is based on the idea that in the wrist area on the radial artery, pulses are tapping all the internal organs.
Pulse points are located on the meridian of the lungs and in pulse diagnosis names: cun, guan, chi.
However, recently, widely used pulse diagnosis method and official medicine recognition was limited to a
considerable degree of subjectivity in a research. The accuracy and reliability of the pulse diagnosis results are largely
determined by skill and experience of the pulse diagnosis expert.
The development of modern electronics and computer technology has allowed to create a computerized system for recording
pulse characteristics in real time and visualise pulsograms on the display, as well as to process and analyze the data in order to obtain
diagnostic conclusions about the human body state. Now it is possible to widely use the pulse diagnosis method, as one of
the most accurate and objective methods in the practice of modern doctor.
Description of the method of classical Chinese pulse diagnosis. Manual palpation of the radial artery.
Computerized differential sphygmograph
The proposed hardware and software method of functional diagnostics for human pulse, by recording and analyzing peripheral
sphygmograms radial artery is based on:
● Research of the possibility to move from pulse wave characteristics subjective assessment to the objective assessment,
on the basis of hardware sphygmograms registration.
● The identification of objective tools (hardware) and pulse wave characteristics, reflecting the physiological state of a person.
● Creating normalized pulse image sphygmogram , corresponding perfect healthy person.
● The creation of methods and algorithm for the pulsographic characteristics interpretation of statistical data, including:
○ analysis how to mark and identify local extrema sphygmograms schedules;
○ analysis pulsographics signs;
○ appropriate diagnostic signs functional definition using different parts of graph sphygmogram;
○ development of functional pulsographics diagnostical conclusion.
Differentiated sphygmograms patient in realtime
Proposed diagnostic system can make the transition from the subjective assessment of the pulse wave characteristics to the objective assessment,
on the basis of hardware registration sphygmograms. The program is based on measurement data processing algorithm,
which minimizes errors associated with random errors of the operator (human factor) and ones caused by external vibrations.
Unlike analogies, this program includes a special module that monitors random errors occur, provides visual graphical, numerical
information and sound signal as well.
Pulse wave processes recording at the measurement points is made by using a special acoustic transducer pulse wave that is connected to
the computer. Pulse curves automatic recording and processing is carried out using appropriate software. At the same time, according
to the classical method, measurements are made at six points with three different pressing forces, in total - 18 measurements.
Thus the method used applanation sphygmography.
After recording differentiated sphygmograms/pulsograms, each of them are evaluated by 21 parameters, analyzing the graphs
according to amplitude-time parameters .
With this result, 378 pulsogram parameters are being analyzed in the pulse diagnosis process, but some of them - in conjunction to each other.
This allows to extract a large amount of data that reflects the functional state of all internal organs and systems, do the diagnostic findings
with a high objectivity and reliability degree.
Hardware and Software consists of:
● An acoustic pulse sensor
●Additional control footswitch
● A computer program for recording real-time sphygmograms
● The computer program "Information-analytical system of pulse diagnosis" contains:
○ graphic information module;
○ numerical information module;
○ error correction module;
○ patient's state of health module;
○ recommendations for improvement of health;
○ reference module.
Features and Differences from analogues:
1. The algorithm uses the classic Chinese method
2. Classical Chinese syndromes described modern medicine terms
3. During the measurement absent any electrical influence on the patient
4. Use the specific filter converter primary signal, providing reception image sphygmogram
5. There is an interactive module correction and specific points sphygmograms selection
6. Maximum reduced random errors impact in the data processing results
7. Health advice module includes recipes for food and beverage
8. For convenience of work is completed with a foot control pedal (duplicates the control buttons).
Application of pulse diagnosis:
- to ascertain the stability of the organism's state, detecting subclinical conditions where they are located,
but other diagnostic methods do not show pathology;
- to test the impact of specific factors on health, such as exercise, physiotherapy, dietary supplements, diet;
- for sports physicians can use this method to quickly explore the factors increases or decreases, organism's functional adaptability;
- to monitor the patient's with certain chronic disorders or with multiple pathological conditions status.
It may be recommended for using by family doctors, rehab, physical therapists, sports doctors and Health Resort's staff.